Information Collection and Use
Bebe au Lait collects information from our users at several different points on our websites. We consider certain information we collect from you to be Personally Identifying Information, including, for example, your email address, name, mailing address, phone number, and credit card billing information, and other contact information that you voluntarily transmit with your communication to us. We also collect demographic information and tie it to your personal information, such as age or date of birth, gender, and password.
Additionally, we may collect the foregoing Personally Identifying Information about you from our third party affiliate or partner companies and from marketing or advertising companies that provide us with such information as a part of their relationship with us. We will not send you marketing communications unless you have opted-in to receiving them. We may also collect information about you and your use of our website. You are able to opt-in to receiving marketing communications from Bebe au Lait by signing in to the account you created or by signing up for our mailing list.
Bebe au Lait uses this Personally Identifying Information to serve your needs as well as our own legitimate business purposes. We may use your Personally Identifying Information to help us improve our website, or for Bebe au Lait's marketing and promotional purposes (for example, to send email announcements of new products) or to track user movement and activity with regard to use of our website. We may also use Personally Identifying Information to verify your authority to enter our website, improve the content and general administration of the website, provide you with notice regarding goods and services that you have purchased or may wish to purchase in the future, provide you with notices about other users of our website and for targeted advertising.
Bebe au Lait recognizes the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests. Our websites are not intended for children under the age of 13. Bebe au Lait does not target its services or the websites to children under 13. Bebe au Lait does not knowingly collect Personally Identifying Information from children under the age of 13.
Ordering and Registration
Cookies and Other Technology
Like many websites, our website employs cookies and web beacons to speed your navigation of our website, recognize you and your access privileges, and track your website usage.
- Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a web page on our website has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on our website, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon.
- We may use certain third-party companies to help us tailor site content to users. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to help us deliver an optimized user experience on our website. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any personal information collected by us. These companies are usually prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than Bebe au Lait.
- Log Files. When you visit our website, web servers collect information "traffic data" (such as, for example, time and date, the address of the website from which you entered our website) about your visit, which is stored as anonymous, aggregate data. Collecting such data may entail the use of IP addresses or other numeric codes used to identify a computer. Bebe au Lait uses "traffic data" to help diagnose problems with its server, analyze trends and administer our website. Your IP address is not linked to Personally Identifying Information, but is used to gather broad demographic data and to monitor statistics to improve our service. Bebe au Lait may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server. IP addresses are also used to provide an audit trail in the case of any attempted illegal or unauthorized use of our website.
We may share your Personally Identifying Information with other individuals or non-affiliated companies in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers: Bebe au Lait may transfer Personally Identifiable Information to any successor to all or substantially all of its business or assets.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service.
- Contests and Promotions: We publicly disclose the name, city, and state of our contest and sweepstakes winners.
Bebe au Lait is committed to your privacy and data, and is compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act.
Links to Third Party Websites
Surveys & Contests
We employ technological and administrative measures to protect your Personally Identifying Information from loss, unauthorized access or disclosure. For example, Bebe au Lait may use firewalls, password protection, secure socket layer and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your Personally Identifying Information.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Correction/Updating Personal Information
To change your Bebe au Lait account information (address, credit card, etc.), log on to your Bebe au Lait account. Click the "My Account" tab on the top tool bar in our Online Shop. Edit your account information as needed. If you have questions or need help with making changes, please call customer service at 866.940.BEBE (2323).
If you have opted-in (subscribed) to our email newsletter through a sign-up form on our website, you may opt-out (unsubscribe) at any time by the following methods:
- Using our unsubscribe form
- Using the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of every newsletter we send.
- Sending us an unsubscribe request at email@example.com
If you have subscribed to our email newsletter by leaving the box checked that says "Please notify me of upcoming specials and offers" while creating an account or making a purchase through our online shop, you may opt-out/unsubscribe by either of the following options:
- Using the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of every newsletter we send
- By sending an unsubscribe request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notification of Changes
Bebe au Lait™
400 Blossom Hill Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032