Senior Sales Manager
We are a an established leader in the designer, baby – related products industry. Our award-winning products are recognized as being the most functional and fashionable by today’s discerning mother. We are seeking a Sales Manager to oversee our domestic sales efforts (with the potential for international sales as well).
Under general supervision, this position will manage all B to B sales activities including, direct sales, customer relations, and related financial performance of a defined territory or accounts. You will supervise both Inside and Outside Sales Representatives and monitor sales in relation to company goals. Prepares and delivers sales materials; attends account shows and industry events. Position is based out of our Corporate Office in Santa Clara, California.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Manage sales efforts, including performance of sales (inside & outside) representatives, special program negotiations and sales opportunities, and monitoring of sales commitments.
• Develop and supervise the preparation, issuance, and delivery of sales materials, and promotional programs; prepare for and attend dealer shows, conferences, meetings, and other local, regional, and national event opportunities.
• Sell to and maintain contact with major account buyers and management of each account; promote positive relations with retailers, wholesalers, and other specialty distributors.
• Analyze and monitor the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results; including those of external sales representatives.
• Deliver effective sales and technical training to our customers and manufacturing rep partners.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Travel as required (5%) to achieve sales objectives
Desired Skills & Experience
• Energetic, dynamic, enthusiastic personality.
• Self-starter, self-motivated individual, willing and able to travel approximately 5%.
• Experienced in sales reporting.
• Flexible and adaptable, adjusts to changing priorities in fast-growth, dynamic environment.
• Knowledge of retail and/or wholesale sales principles, methods, and techniques in the textile (baby and nursing products, specifically) industry.
• Excellent time management, communications, decision making, human relations, presentation and organization skills
• Ability to analyze and solve problems in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing (including preparing and presenting sales presentations).
• Knowledge of shipping, receiving, and inventory control procedures and documentation requirements.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in a business related concentration and/or five or more years of relevant sales experience in a managerial level.
Computer Skills: Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, NetSuite or similar ERP system and familiarity with EDI systems.
Salary DOE + Commission
Excellent employee benefits include medical/dental/vision insurance with generous contribution to premiums; life insurance; vacation/sick/holiday pay.
For immediate consideration, please respond to this posting with your resume and cover letter (MS Word or PDF preferred).
Job Type: Full-time