We are a designer and manufacturer of soft goods for the juvenile industry, seeking a talented Graphic designer with an eye for trends and attention to detail. The ideal candidate has experience in a small-business setting, showing the ability to “wear many hats” while working independently on various creative projects. For this position we are looking for an individual that displays creative thinking, an understanding of current and future trends and effective time management skills. Candidates must be experienced with the design processes involving consumer goods, including packaging design, web design, photography, photo editing, textile design and print collateral design. We are looking for a multi-tasker that is not afraid of juggling multiple projects while executing each one at a high standard.
- Designer reports directly to the marketing manager and creative director, supporting their creative vision for the brand.
- Contributes creative input through well-thought out, comprehensive design assets.
- Needs to be confident and independent with the ability to efficiently manage projects and time independently.
- Contributes to the ever-growing collection of exclusive textile designs through trend reporting, color stories and new textile designs. Needs to show the ability to create print files that are in repeat and finalized for strike-off.
- Create new packaging concepts and/or revise existing packaging.
- Photo editing, manipulating, clipping, cropping and re-sizing for internal and third-party distribution. Needs to have solid understanding of Photoshop.
- Designer will support marketing, sales and the product development teams with the execution of tasks.
- Support the team with refining and developing company standards of business processes and file management. Good organization skills are important to be successful in this position
- Excellent Color, Typography and Layout design skills.
- Proven experience in textile design
- Proficient in Adobe Suites: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign / Premier Pro a plus.
- Basic understanding of Shopify with the willingness to learn and improve knowledge.
- Must have proven experience in photo editing and manipulation. Experience with photography and lifestyle photo shoots a plus.
- Proven experience with print design – including catalogs, print advertising, brochures, etc.
- Experience with hand drawing, sketching and hand lettering a plus.
- Understand packaging dyelines and packaging concepts
- Bachelors of Arts Degree in Graphic Design or Equivalent / credits in Textile design classes preferred
- Must have minimum of 2+ years of work experience
- Must show portfolio along with resume and cover letter, to be considered
- Santa Clara, CA / local applicants only